Friday, February 02, 2007

Words of Wisdom from Fictional Fisherman

“I’ve got good news.
That gum you like is going to come back in style.
Let’s rock!”


One of my all time favorite TV series the Twin Peaks is on reruns here. So, in order to demonstrate you that some sentences without any grammar errors can actually exist in this blog, I have few quotes from my mandatory copy of Twin Peaks: An Access Guide to the Town.




Pete Martell is the fisherman of the show and “also the most uxorious man in Twin Peaks and can tie a Duncan Loop in the dark.” Tying the Duncan Loop in the dark is like a walk in the park -- the difficult part is putting that 5X monofilament tippet through the eye of a #16 hook in the dark. That is a nerve-cracker. Uxorious? Had to check that one from dictionary but hey, that's me!

Anyway, here are some bits of wisdom by Pete:

“Don’t talk to the fish. For one thing, it distracts them from hunting and feeding and, for another, they won’t understand you anyway.”

“If a brown bear wants that salmon on the end of your line, let him or her have it.”

I’ll take his word for it. What do you think?

No comments: