Monday, December 11, 2006

Delivered!

opax-flyfishing announcement: International Fly Fishing Blogger Co-Operation Program (IFFBCOP)

Referring to this post, Ed commented:

Opax! I received your beautifully crafted flies this weekend, and THANK YOU! I can't wait to try them out, I think I'll get a chance this Saturday. Very generous of you to take the time, I really appreciate it.


You are welcome Ed! I hope that I can read some good news after Saturday at Ed's Flyfishin' blog.

For you others: Below is a picture of flies I send to Ed and Ian. I also added few streamers to Ed's package as it seemed so much smaller that Ian's. Let me know I you want take part in IFFBCOP. There may not be such thing as a free lunch, but you can get free flies from here. Legal disclaimer where I deny that I ever promised anything will be added later. It is possible to edit posts later with Blogger.


Hare's Ear Soft Hackles and Supertinseli Streamers
From Fly-patterns



EDIT 2006/12/12: Ian mailed me that he also has received the flies and will give them a try. I hope that he likes them.

2 comments:

Ed. said...

I like the concept of the IFFBCOP. I don't yet tie my own flies so I don't have much to offer from my end of the co-op. But I'll think of something.

I'm very excited to try those streamers, thanks for including them as a bonus. I love streamer fishing, and those flies sure look like they'll work!

opax said...

One note about fishing supertinseli streamer: if
you strip too fast, it is likely that the fish will miss the head of
fly (and hook). However it is quite common that same fish will try to strike again. It is good to pause between strips so that the fish has change to hit fly's head.